Sunday, September 26, 2010

Train No 6221

    Hi guys today am gonna write about my travel experience to Bangalore. After I finished my work at Bangalore, I had to return to Chennai by a night train. My boarding point was Bangalore cantonment. I reached the station by 11pm, the train was scheduled to arrive at 11.58pm. It was a spooky experience, though there were some five to six people in the station it looked deserted mostly.
    I took the ticket and had a look at the coach number it was S12. I thought "Oh God it will be the last compartment" and started to walk slowly to the outer of the platform. The mystic cool breeze was blowing by the side of my ear. The loneliness and the spooky setting ran chills across my spine. I found a bench at one end, I went and sat there. All of a sudden I could hear a howling noise "Ooohhh" my MV was all nerves. MV said "kaelambitayan kaelambitan" :( 
     There were two dogs barking at thin air. I turned my head to the right nothing was there, then slowly to my left nothing there either "enna da nadakuthu :( ". Then suddenly there was a lightning strike and all the lights in the station went out. Sorry! no lightning struck, just got carried away by the moment :). The railway announcement was made that Chennai express will arrive at platform 2 shortly. The train came and to my shock after S9 coach S10 coach came but there was no S11 or S12, Oh my God. Then a man from the S10 coach said S11 to S14 are in front near the engine. Its only then I had a reminiscence, Train No 6221 its the train in which me and my classmates returned from our last tour from Coorg. The walk from one end of the station to the other was nostalgic all the memories of the tour and my friends kept coming back. Awesome :)     

4 comments: